- Fourth quake in five days shakes California. Are these quakes harbingers to the Big One? They're telling us not to worry, but why is Donald Fagan heading back to Annandale?
- Is this the first case of "fragging" in Iraq? Or is this just the first one we've heard about? I thought they had a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about frags in the military.
- Snotty McClellen defends Cheney's comments about the Iraqi insurgency being in "its last throes." Well, not really. Answering a direct question with a direct answer is not his forte. "Next question, please." BTW, i think Cheney's "last throes" comment will become a reference point in the Iraq War timeline, much like W's "Mission Accomplished" speech in May of 2003. We'll be pointing to this comment in the future when US soldier deaths reach 3,000 and we'll say, "that's 1,300 since Dick Cheney said that the insurgency was in its "last throes.'"
- Cindy Sheenan, a name to remember as public dissent about the Iraq War continues to grow. Remember her from last week? She spoke again at Congressman Conyers' hearings on the Downing Street Memo on Thursday. She wants Bush to be account for her son's death and an unjust war (is this too much to ask?): "The leadership of this country rushed us into an illegal invasion of another sovereign country on prefabricated and cherry picked intelligence." Here's Mr. Conyers' account of his busy day. Please join 560,000 concerned citizens and 122 Members of Congress and sign his letter to Bush, if you haven't already.
- And finally...10 TV cliches that should be banned.
Whole Belly Clam Weekend at Sea Breeze
5 days ago