Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Thou Shalt Not Kill...

Except when meting out barbaric punishment, or when a democratically elected leader does not agree with US policy. Pat Robertson, Right Wing Religious Cleric, All-Around Champion Nut Job and buddy of W said of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez: "We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability." I hope he gets smited on TV.
I saw the documentary The Revolution Will Not Be Televised a couple years ago, and i remember Colin Powell saying to an adviser during a hearing at the UN, "I don't think he [Chavez] has the US's interests at heart." No shit. The US's interest in Venezuela? Get hold of their oil - Venezuela is the 5th largest petroleum exporter in the world. How do we do that? Install a US-friendly puppet government. I'll bet the Dubya and the NeoCons are pissed at Robertson for letting the cat out of the bag.

No comments: