Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Album of the Week: Healthy White Baby


Well, it looks like someone's been up to the devil's business. Danny Black, formerly of The Blacks, has teamed up with Laurie Stirratt, formerly of Blue Mountain, and made a Healthy White Baby. First off, The Blacks released two of my top 100 albums of all times: Dolly Horrorshow in 1998 and Just Like Home in 2000, and Blue Mountain's Dog Days also occupies a slot on my all-time greats list, so i knew i would be down with this holy hook-up. Secondly, anyone who names their band after a line in a Cohen Brothers movie kicks ass anyway.
Glen: Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.
H.I.: Someone oughta sell tickets.
Glen: Sure, I'd buy one.

I ordered the album and put it in my car stereo yesterday to the sounds of this. Yeah, that's what i'm talkin' about. More samples here. Now, go out and fetch you one right quick.

No comments: